Welcome to LiVEJAM
Who we are?
International Music School in Tokyo
Founded in 2010 as a “school of rock” for teenagers in Toritsu Daigaku.
Inspired by the movie School of Rock, Founder/Director Ken Takagi wished to provide a venue for a performance-based band school for teenagers in Japan.
- Take lessons with professional English-speaking instructors from around the world.
- Since the school was designed for younger students in primary, middle and high schools, we understand the needs of this generation and have staffed with instructors who can be like their big brothers and sisters.
- Performance opportunities several times a year, keeping your momentum high.
- It’s easy to meet friends your age who you could form bands with.
- Great place to meet and interact with local Japanese students.
- Flexibility to take lessons in any instruments/class according to your interest and needs.
- Free use of studio for practicing in our operating hours.
Instruments for rock/pop bands, or horns for jazz and concert band, or singing or music making lessons. Which one is for you?
Which instrument/program is for you?
We at LiVEJAM set live performances as goals where you will get to express yourself through music, whether by yourself or as a band.
But your background/experience and expectations may determine where you start. Here are some tips on how you can get started based on your experience.
- No previous experience with instruments, but know which instrument you wish to play.
- No previous experience with instruments, and not sure which instrument to pick.
- Some experience with instruments and wish to improve and find band members.