Jazz for Teenagers
Whether you’re in the school big band, or forming a combo, or just simply interested in swinging, LiVEJAM is the perfect place to explore.
Jazz, which sounds cool but at the same time complicated could possibly be the most expressional music as there is limited structure and most of the music is improvised on the spot. The fact that all the instruments are in “communication” with each other, magical moments can be created spontaneously.
LiVEJAM provides learning opportunities for every level of Jazz proficiency.
- How to “swing” and feel/make the beat
- Simple chord progressions
- How to improvise
- Communication through improvisation
Jazz lesson will center around group sessions, incorporating private lessons as needed.
For Intermediate and advanced students, following lessons/services are also available
- Jointly building a solo for the big band or for a combo (although Jazz solos should ultimately be created on the spot, it requires extensive practice so it’s good to learn how to structure solos with a professional initially.
- Jam sessions with teachers and advanced students